Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

IFR route from EHRD to LFAT

Peter wrote:

We were sitting on the beach also.

We saw you depart along the coastline while we were eating lunch.

I saw what I thought was your plane. Nice refurb!

Thanks! Very happy with the result! Just ordered a set of GI-275s after which we will stop spending money on refurb for a while.

EHRD, Netherlands

I am impressed 5pob in summer, that beast keeps giving: all you need is patience for 500fpm (and long runway )

Shortly after departing Rotterdam I got an earlier IFR clearance from Dutch Mil (planned start of IFR was after crossing the Belgian border), ironically with a direct COA (which was the part of my original filing that was rejected)

I am very puzzled why that did not validate in the first place? it’s the most direct route with the chilled Ostend ATC and keeps away from busy traffic near Brussels or Lille

At low levels, the first portion toward COA can be flown low VFR without even talking to Dutch FIS/MIL, then Ostend can clear direct on low level direct to LFAT, you could even see nudists on the beaches while under IFR

Last Edited by Ibra at 03 Jul 09:37
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

At low levels, the first portion toward COA can be flown low VFR without even talking to Dutch FIS/MIL, then Ostend can clear direct on low level direct to LFAT

Essentially this was my plan in the end, except LUMEN instead of COA. Effectively the only thing I didn’t get was the IFR departure from Rotterdam, which fortunately was not needed. What’s also funny is I was assigned 5000’, which was literally the only altitude in the lower atmosphere with clouds. So I spent half the trip in IMC in an otherwise clear sky.

EHRD, Netherlands

What’s also funny is I was assigned 5000’, which was literally the only altitude in the lower atmosphere with clouds. So I spent half the trip in IMC in an otherwise clear sky.

Why not request a different altitude immediately?? Passengers usually hate clouds (even though they might not admit).

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Yes, LFAT doesn’t disappoint. And yes, Peter kind of lives there
You are making a great ad campaign for the TB10 !
Did your friends think you bought it new from the factory ?

LFOU, France

Jujupilote wrote:

You are making a great ad campaign for the TB10 !
Did your friends think you bought it new from the factory ?

I am really super happy with the TB10. It’s really comfortable for long trips, and I think I would have a hard time going back to an SEP Piper/Cessna/Beech/etc. cabin. In fact at this point I’m sure I’d rather have cabin comfort than a bit more speed. Originally I was planning to get a TB20, but I wasn’t sure the extra up-front cost, fuel burn, and maintenance would be worth it for the extra knots. It’s hard to know for sure whether that was the right call, but in any case it hasn’t stopped me flying wherever I want to go, and for sure I’ve got a practically new TB10 for the price of an ageing TB20.

EHRD, Netherlands
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message