Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

CBIR requirements with a CPL

CAA website hard to navigate.

To carry out a CBIR with a CPL from 20 years ago. As I can see you get credit for Hp Met and Comms, leaves airlaw aircraft general knowledge flight planning and radio nav to do. 4 Exams.

I am an FI who has carried out IMC/IRR training so have quite a bit of IFR time.

Training outside ATO as I can see up to standard, then 10 hours minimum at ATO then a test.

Any idea what sort of profile from Cranfield ? Maybe go to Oxford East Midlands Southend ?

United Kingdom

The lack of response is surprising but my guess is that those exam passes would have long expired. A CPL will freeze the CPL exams (obviously) but won’t freeze the IR exams, which are a superset of the CPL exams. Only an IR can freeze those. Similarly if you do the “ATPL” exams (which is a CPL/IR in Europe) you need to do the IR to freeze those 13 (used to be 14) passes.

Also there is a general 7 year expiry, with various conditions…

@Qalupalik may know.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

won’t freeze the IR exams, which are a superset of the CPL exams.

It would perhaps be great if they were (or the other side around), but they’re not. In particular there’s a lot of air law and performance material in CPL TK which is not in the IR.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 18 Jun 09:58
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Sure (you have to re-sit almost the whole lot) but the context here is more complicated. The guy presumably did the JAA CPL 20 years ago, and now he is looking at sitting just the 7 EASA IR exams. He is not looking at getting a “frozen ATPL” i.e. a CPL+IR convertible to an ATPL via 500hrs MP. God only knows what the cross credits will be

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message