Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

FNPT2 Simulator - How come they are so expensive?

Bathman wrote:

Also are such approvals really needed?

AIUI, yes. Otherwise the hours won’t count for training (just like flying at home in FSX doesn’t count). You need to write their ID in your logbook. It’s understandable they need certain qualities to be considered good enough substitution for a real aircraft.

what_next wrote:

And CB-IR is kind of a dead end for someone who plans to get a commercial license or ATPL sometime in the future.

AFAIK you can combine CB-IR flight training with ATPL theory. At least in modular training, this can be done (I’m too lazy to check regs about integrated programs).

Peter wrote:

OK; I recall this too. It is the cheapest way to get an ME IR because flying SE is much cheaper than flying ME.

IIRC, ME IR requires 45 hours on aeroplanes (in the CB case) of which at least 5 must be on multi-engine aeroplanes. It’s up to you whether you take the SE IR skill test (for which you have to pay, obviously), it’s not necessary for the saving.

Martin wrote:

AFAIK you can combine CB-IR flight training with ATPL theory. At least in modular training, this can be done…

Yes, it can be done. Easiest when you know beforehand that you will be doing the ATPL some time in the (near *) future. You do your 14 subjects straight away in that case. But if you decide some years later that you want to go from PPL/(CB)-IR to ATPL you must go and do most of these 14 exams again.

Martin wrote:

Otherwise the hours won’t count for training (just like flying at home in FSX doesn’t count).

There is a central list of approved training devices maintained by the variuos national authorities: https://lisstdis.easa.europa.eu/stdis/?MFF=&ACF=&IEF=&COF=&IAF=D&DES=std_expiration_date&DESText=

Only devices listed there can be used to log hours, and only if the hours are flown within the “best-before date” of that device.

( * ) The problem in that case is that your ATPL theory credit is not valid indefinietly. Used to be 24 months, but that may be different now.

Last Edited by what_next at 30 Jun 11:13
EDDS - Stuttgart

what_next wrote:

The problem in that case is that your ATPL theory credit is not valid indefinietly. Used to be 24 months, but that may be different now.

ATPL theory is good for three years for the issue of CPL and IR and seven years for the issue of ATPL. However, those seven years are counted from the last validity date of your IR. So IR can keep your ATPL theory valid indefinitely. It’s in some low FCL.0xx.

what_next wrote:

There is a central list of approved training devices maintained by the variuos national authorities

There is also https://lisstdis.easa.europa.eu/eqstdis/ with simulators based outside EASA-land.

@what_next:

There is a central list of approved training devices maintained by the variuos national authorities: https://lisstdis.easa.europa.eu/stdis/?MFF=&ACF=&IEF=&COF=&IAF=D&DES=std_expiration_date&DESText=

I don’t want to awake this thread again, but wanted to thank for this link!

P19 EDFE EDVE EDDS
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message