Welcome to our forums

Is this the most avionics-loaded TB20?

N20AG. Seen the reg around a lot…

planecheck_N20AG_52786_pdf

They must have spent 100k on it

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Looks fully (light) loaded

I am still puzzled when someone does similar upgrade then shortly after sell it hoping to get “full upgrade premium”?
- He won’t recover the value right after upgrade as buyer like to patch these things himself
- He won’t recover the utility as he has not flown it after the upgrade

This one seems well fitted but you see sometime “+15k£ spent on new X leather interior”, -15k£ you mean? where X = red, pink, violet, green, magenta

Last Edited by Ibra at 21 Feb 11:27
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

It misses full TKS

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

She’s a beauty!

EGBJ and Firs Farm, United Kingdom

I think this work was carried out by the team at Thruxton at AeroFab? Ben Faulkner has assembled a good team and my understanding it was less, by a material amount, than 100AMUs.

@lbra organising the work is not trivial, and most appraisers would credit full value if installed less than a year ago.

There are also serious hardware delays these days, possibly approaching one year?

In the same way a quarter of relatively new second hand cars are selling for more than MSRP, and new cars are largely being sold at a premium to MSRP.

Last Edited by RobertL18C at 21 Feb 12:14
Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Does the panel appear to have a tablet of some sort fitted into it on the right hand side? Certainly that is SkyDemon, on the display.

But then the advert says dual G500?

EGLM & EGTN

It’s funny because that planecheck advert has an old photo of the panel

which I recognise from the Sandel EHSI, and I reckon @TJ will also Whoever owns it now is trying to way more than double the money he (the current owner) paid for it. Shows how times have changed, because after all that spend on avionics, it doesn’t go any faster and doesn’t do a single thing which might improve the despatch rate.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Graham wrote:

But then the advert says dual G500?

I think pictures are partial because plane is be worked on.

LFMD, France

organising the work is not trivial, and most appraisers would credit full value if installed less than a year ago.

Indeed, there is a lot of “goodwill” behind the scene but I wonder how much value gets recovered?

Looking at Vref:
- STC, engines, props: they gets valued on the dollar number from the shop plus install (zero near overhaul)
- Avionics, interior, paint: huge discount anytime you go for an exotic feature, even on first year !

I guess there is a strong “pull to mean price” with normal equipment but maybe Vref is the wrong place to look at

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

@Graham I noticed that too, it then lists just the one G500TXi later on in the ad. It’s not the first time AT Aviation have published a carelessly written description…

This plane last sold a year or so ago, so it can’t have done much flying in that time if its had all this work done. The end result is really nice though, and a GFC500 to replace the old KAP150 is great.

United Kingdom
43 Posts
Sign in to add your message