Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

LFQQ - Lille - big price increases

You need to speak French at LFQT? as it’s Auto-Info A/A all the time on weekends (IFR school is likely closed) and it’s not well served with public transports…it’s busy though, unlike Calais or L2K which are quiet at Sunday lunch time, in Merville you get gliders, microlights, twins, paradropping…it is POE with 2nd grass runway which comes handy for landing Tiger Moths and clearing customs, I think the only place in NW France?

Shame that Lille has gone to the rats, it was a nice gateway to Paris with TGV, I gather the only GA functional airport in that corner when LeTouquet is out of hours is Ostend?

Last Edited by Ibra at 17 Oct 08:38
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

IIRC there is an 1800m paved runway at LFQT and it is only Fr.only out of ATS hours like LFAT.

France

dublinpilot wrote:

Be more direct, but make sure your points are convincing from their point of view. Your previous suggested arguments were why YOU would want lower charges. Your arguments should show why THEY should want lower rates if those arguments are to be effective.

Good points, which is why I would like to see what the membership here believe is why they should lower rates, even if there is an inflationary cost above what it was before. But not the 175% they’ve increase them by. It just stinks of Fraporting.

So, if yourself or anyone has bullet points, summarise and I’ll write up a letter that I’ll send via mail and via email.

Cheers

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

gallois wrote:

IIRC there is an 1800m paved runway at LFQT and it is only Fr.only out of ATS hours like LFAT

Yes paved instrument runway parallel to the grass runway used by gliding

LFAT has ATC on weekends except at lunch break, there are no ATS in LFQT on Sundays all year around with no exceptions, for non-French speakers that is not ideal for weekend trip, assuming ATC are around on Saturday, always useful to calling ATIS by phone (+3320161954) to double check

Also even for French speakers, IFR training at Merville is reserved to based aircraft without ATS (I did my IR test in Picardie last weekend, the examiner was not keen on Merville, playing by the book when it comes to a non-based aircraft NOTAM and exam without ATS )

Last Edited by Ibra at 17 Oct 08:58
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Apologies I hadn’t realised we were talking about training. I thought it was about cost of POE at Lille.

France

Any news on Lille costs? Is it still bad, no adjustments?
What is the current level of prices for an aircraft going there, parking for, say, 22hrs and departing the next day (so, including exiting the airport)?

EGTR

Lille had become ridiculous for France. IIRC it wad €150 for a Seneca V with parking for about 6 hours.
This was January this year

Last Edited by gallois at 26 Aug 18:05
France

Same experience of gallois… :(
Went there in February this year (2023) and it was 150 EUR for landing and parking for less than 1 hour with a DA42.
And I had to send a gendec despite coming from NL.
I won’t go there again…

EHLE LIMB, Netherlands

I might still file it (or just use it) for an emergency diversion… The HRS AD police presence avoids tricky situations with most French airports being 24hr/48hr PN for C+I so if you divert for fuel, you have a problem and may want a French speaker to talk your way out of it

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I might still file it (or just use it) for an emergency diversion…

There are few friendly Belgium airports just few miles north across the border being better alternate for various reasons.

Last Edited by Emir at 31 Aug 06:59
LDZA LDVA, Croatia
50 Posts
Sign in to add your message