Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

LFSN Nancy-Essey - Does anybody have a recent experience with this field?

I am planning a trip to attend "Flying Legends" at Duxford this year. Weather permitting, we will fly IFR on 12 July (Friday) from EDML Landshut (near Munich) via LFSN Nancy-Essey and LFAC Calais to EGSC Cambridge where we will stay with friends.

Does anybody have any recent experience with LFSN? We plan to stop there just for a bio break and, while we are there, some fuel (for the comfort of my fellow travellers I would like to restrict the individual legs to about 2 hours, hence the additional stop in France).

Thank you.

RXH
EDML - Landshut, Munich / Bavaria

Hi RXH,

My experience is two years old.

The airport is a reasonable bit outside the city. I seem to remember about €20 in a taxi. So probably too far for your situation.

Landing fees were typical French. I don't remember exactly but it would have been in the €10-€20 mark.

The big negative for your purposes is that there was no food available. The place was very sleepy with not much going on. I can't remember if there was a café that was closed, or none at all, but there was certainly nowhere to get food when we arrived, nor when we left a few days later.

Colm

EIWT Weston, Ireland

No experience, but a simple web search finds (on www.navigeo.fr)

La Demoiselle
Adresse : Aéroport de Nancy-Essey - BP 20104
54510 Tomblaine
Distance : sur le terrain
Téléphone : 03 83 21 44 32
Fax : 03 83 21 44 32
E-mail : [email protected]
Commentaire : Vue sur les pistes
Gamme de prix : Plat du jour : 8,50€ - Menu complet : 14,90€

and a confirmation at

No indication how old the info is, though, do not count on it without having been in touch. Which might well require some knowledge of French language (but you have that for the radio anyway, don't you?)

[text reformatted]

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Thank you, very helpful.

RXH
EDML - Landshut, Munich / Bavaria

I stopped there for lunch on the way back from AERO.
Excellent airfield with AFIS (except during lunchtime). The restaurant is excellent too and they were kind enough to take us even if they were full (we had not booked).
I was pretty busy with a TBM and a PC12 plus a very active club.
Just got the invoice : 3€ :)

LFOU, France

Yes, it’s a good GA airport. The only thing is that Avgas (if not paid via the TOTAL card) is a bit expensive.

The city (old town) is very nice, too. I spent this past weekend there. Bus connections between the airport and the city are also good.

Like in many other French cities, they put on a very nice laser show in summer evenings…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message