Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Long range travel time/fuel burn comparison between turbine models.

TBM fits for sure. It carries as many as the Mustang. It’s an impressive machine an the sleek cross section accounts for its high speed and low fuel burn. They are pricy, though. But as the aircraft ages and the older 700’s are coming down in price, they offer great economy. I think in about 10 years time, they will be real contenders in the used market for any high end piston single or twin.

TBM700s are “cheap” already. You can buy a good one for the price for a top-condition Jetprop, or (a ridiculous comparison) slightly more than a fully loaded SR22 The problem is the running cost is probably about 2x more than a Jetprop, due to things like the DOC, the “French factor” i.e. limited use of standard parts, and getting ripped off almost everywhere you land.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The original PC-12/45 can be found in good condition for around $1.5 million – at around 5,000 hours (although there are some low time private ones at 2,500 hours) it is still young given the incredible build quality.

I would suggest this is better value given its ability to fly into most airfields. Budget $1,500 an hour and this should cover operating costs, but not depreciation.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message