Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Looking for pilot who fly around Deauville - Saint-Gatien Airport, France

My name is Shinji Maeda and I am planning to circumnavigate the world from 5/1/2020.
I am planning to fly UK, France, Portugal and Greece while I am in Europe and I am looking for your advice for France, especially, Deauville – Saint-Gatien Airport.

I will fly in from Blackbushe, UK to Dinard (entry), then Deauville and Rodez (exist).
I am looking for a pilot who fly around the Deauville – Saint-Gatien Airport.
Personally, before I heading down to Portugal, I would like to visit the normandy france american cemetery

Here is my route for Europe-
EGLK Blackbushe (Reading) [Blackbushe Airport], Hampshire, ENG, GB
LFRD Dinard/Pleurtuit/St-Malo, E, FR
LFRG Deauville [St-Gatien], P, FR
LFCR Rodez [Marcillac], N, FR
LPEV Évora, 07, PT
LGAV Athens (Spata) [Eleftherios Venizelos Intl], I, GR

This is one eyed pilot circumnavigation mission flight and I would like to obtain your input.
here is my information – https://www.aerozypangu.com/

Aero Zypangu Earthrounder 2020
KPAE and S43, United States

OneEyedCFI wrote:

I would like to visit the normandy france american cemetery

Cherbourg airport (LFRC) is also an option? the airport has more history and on the way you will go via Sainte-Mère-Église (famous for D-day DC3 formation fly-outs)

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

thank you for the information, Ibra!! I will take a look the option as well.

I know plenty of those. What do you want exactly ?

LFOU, France

Deauville is an easy airport to visit, everything is efficient and Customs is available if required. Dinard and Deauville are quite close.
Rodez is also quiet and easy, GNSS approaches. I have never been off the airport but it seems to be in the middle of nowhere, although there is a famous Michelin Star restaurant a few km away

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Yes, if it is just to clear immigration, you should skip Dinard and go to Deauville directly, as they allow iimigration as well (but requires Prior notice, see NOTAM).

However, for the Invasion beaches and cemeteries, Caen (LFRK) is overall the most suitable Airport (it also allows immigration by PN). Deauville is further away for that.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 03 Mar 08:27
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

you guys are great!! let m consider your input and I may ask additional question. again, thank you very much!! you guys Rock!!

@Noe , he probably knows few in/out of flying in Iceland & UK & France & Portugal

Last Edited by Ibra at 03 Mar 14:24
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I remember I choose Caen LFRK for the car rentals . I think there are none at cherbourg and Deauville airports.

Pegaso airstrip, Italy

You could plan for flying over the D-Day Beaches, roughly between Isigny-sur-mer and Caen, remains of the landing crafts are still visible from the air.
Note that with your original idea of landing first in Dinard and then in Deauville (but Caen would porbably be just as good), you would get to see the Mont-St-Michel (be aware that there is a restricted area, centered on the Mont, 5km wide and up to 3000feet, best is to be a bit over 3000 feet), then continue your flight towards Isigny, to get to the D-Day Beaches and follow the coast to either Caen or Deaville. Altough, considering your next stop, it would be more logical to do it the other way around, stop first in Caen or Deauville :-).

ENVA, Norway
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message