Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Lycoming 0-320-A3B available

As a result of a moderate crash, a Lycoming 0-320-A3B, which may be: Serial no: L47691-27A, Hours since new: 751, Hours since O/H: 9, is probably coming available. It is installed upon a damaged Teal amphibian. I believe that the engine is entirely undamaged from the crash. I represent a person who would like the airframe complete, but not the engine (other than a couple of airframe specific parts, which are no use on another type anyway). If the sale of the wreck comes together as I hope, this engine will be in England, and I would like it to stay there, with someone who would use it. Eventually, when this Teal is rebuilt (I expect in Canada), I’ll buy a new engine for it – no point storing one for years, on the hope of the uncertain schedule of a rebuild. The engine is not exactly the model for a 172 or Cherokee, but I’m told that it might be convertible. I will find out what kind of mount it has.

I have no price on any of this, and expect, myself, to just be a bidder on the wreck. I have asked the seller to split the sale into engine and airframe, so I can bid only the airframe – which if happens, still leaves the engine for sale. Otherwise, If I buy a whole wreck, I’ll be looking to sell the engine, I’m not interested in paying to ship it to Canada, to have it sit for years.

Any interest is welcome….

Peter can easily reach me, if private contact is desired….

Pilot DAR

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

I suspect an LAA project is the likeliest destination for this engine. Builders seem to be able to fit all sorts to RVs and they always seem brilliant aeroplanes whatever engine is fitted.

Last Edited by Neil at 08 Nov 18:31
Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)
2 Posts
Sign in to add your message