Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Lockable fuel caps?

My GF who comes from Durban advises me that the guarding business is complicated. Basically the guard, no matter how armed, will always be out-gunned and killed if the object is worth enough, and especially so if the owner is a “foreigner” i.e. not a player in the local community.

So much depends on the exact details e.g. where is it parked. In the middle of nowhere, or on some farm? And who is around and who is going to see it there.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’m sure @AeroPlus has much more experience than me (where is he?), but I never had any problems parking an airplane on unguarded strips in southern Africa. Which country / countries are we talking about here?

Kenya as final base (via Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Malawi) in my case, with a C182, from S.Africa.

Swanborough Farm (UK), Shoreham EGKA, Soysambu (Kenya), Kenya

“My GF who comes from Durban advises me that the guarding business is complicated. Basically the guard, no matter how armed, will always be out-gunned and killed if the object is worth enough, and especially so if the owner is a “foreigner” i.e. not a player in the local community.”

You mean a pilot/doctor? Or something else?

As far as I know no one touches the doctor aircraft and I have seen it parked non guarded all over the place in Congo & Gabon ;)

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Hi there,

Does anyone know if it is possible to get Lockable Fuel Caps for the TB20 GT model.

We have had several fuel thefts from aircraft at my home base.

Thanks,

EGLK, United Kingdom

Above post moved to existing thread.

Maybe the above post will help. I don’t know if the pre-GT and the GT ones are the same. I will try to get a photo this morning of the GT ones…

Administrator

Administrator

Thanks

EGLK, United Kingdom

If you were going to steal fuel, wouldn’t it be from the drains?

EGKB Biggin Hill

Maybe someone in the US can track down the manufacturer? I can see them here but cannot find these filler caps shown.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message