Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Pre-buy mechanic recommendations in the Netherlands and some regional questions...

I would greatly appreciate any recommendations (user-to-user message perhaps) on mechanics to do a pre-buy inspection of a small SEP (certified, metal, Rotax) in the Netherlands. Preferably based somewhere in the north-east but then on the other hand it’s a tiny country. :)

Also I wonder, are there any special cautions to observe when buying an airplane from the Netherlands?

I’ve only been there twice, both times with an army band playing at the Vierdaagse (Nijmegen marches) which takes place in late July. One thing I vividly remember is the air humidity. I mean, the place is called the Netherlands for a reason… I recall manually washing clothes that just refused to dry other than in direct sunlight. On the other hand, we stayed at the old (AFAIK ex WWII Wehrmacht) army barracks at Harskamp so wartime building ventilation standards and lack of good clothes-hangers might have contributed to that.

I guess my question is: is humidity and thus corrosion a worse problem in the Netherlands than in the rest of mainland Europe?

Anyone have experience keeping an (again, certified) aircraft on PH-registry? I might want to do that at least for a while, to avoid being grounded in summertime while the Swedish CAA processes the importation paperwork.

ESSL, Sweden

Dahlbeck wrote:

Anyone have experience keeping an (again, certified) aircraft on PH-registry?

This requires a representative in the Netherlands. Your maintenance shop and/or CAMO, if Dutch, would probably fill this role.

ELLX

I think Air Waterland located at EHLE can help with both the pre buy and also advise about registration. I can help you with contacts (no relationship).
More or less corrosion in the Netherlands I don’t know, luckily my plane is in hangar.

EHLE, Netherlands
always learning
LO__, Austria

Thanks!

ESSL, Sweden
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message