Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Garmin databases for Europe?

I’m just trying to update my Jepp subscription for the database for my 530W. Jepp support is awful – not surprising since they are owned by Boeing. I tried calling them (used to be excellent pre-B) – forecast 108 minute wait! I tried the chat, which after 10 minutes still hadn’t advanced me from #5 in the queue.

So… I guess others are doing this too. It looks as though I want the International Navdata package, DGRW7353, which costs $562/year. Is this what other people are doing?

Also I notice that my existing details list a 400, not a 500. I’m guessing that these are compatible, but does anyone actually know?

Thanks…

KPAO, United States

400/500 – same database. Centra Europe is the most popular.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

I use „International“ for a GNS530.
With -15% AOPA discount it’s around 450€/year.

Airline/Mentor/Safety/Instructor - Pilot
Based Austria | Operating Worldwide

Hello

I only found a 10% discount for aopa members, only valid until august 31st. Where can I found this 15% discount ?

LFBZ, France

jeff64 wrote:

Where can I found this 15% discount ?

Just email Jepp and they will take 15% off.

Airline/Mentor/Safety/Instructor - Pilot
Based Austria | Operating Worldwide

Does the Jepp FRA office still reply? Recent Jepp communication seems to indicate that the only route to them is now via the online shop. Where is the AOPA 15% discount „published“? When ordering online, it is possible to enter a coupon code, so there is likely one for AOPA members…. but what is it?

Last Edited by chflyer at 11 Aug 22:47
LSZK, Switzerland

chflyer wrote:

Does the Jepp FRA office still reply? Recent Jepp communication seems to indicate that the only route to them is now via the online shop. Where is the AOPA 15% discount „published“? When ordering online, it is possible to enter a coupon code, so there is likely one for AOPA members…. but what is it?

Two days ago, I tried to contact jeppesen using the contact form on the shop (a question about bundles), but I am still waiting a reply.

When looking “aopa jeppesen discount” on google, you find easily the page on the aopa website for a 10% discount, but you need to be logged in to see the code.

LFBZ, France

jeff64 wrote:

Two days ago, I tried to contact jeppesen using the contact form on the shop (a question about bundles), but I am still waiting a reply.

Good luck. I am waiting a month for a reply, and the chat operators tell me I need to email to get the info as they can’t give it. Shambles.

United Kingdom

chflyer wrote:

In June, I got a Jeppesen renewal invoice without the discount (which I previously had). On suggestion by another poster (can’t remember if it was here or on PPL/IR Europe), I sent Jepp FRA an email. To my great surprise they replied within a day or two with a new invoice including the 15% discount! That was much different than my experiences of Jepp FRA from last year, so just maybe things are getting back to normal. Or I was simply in luck.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message