Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Soap gun for general aircraft cleaning

Last time in the hardware store I stumbled over a car wash foam gun. What do you think: is this maybe a usefool tool to save water and less cleaning detergents – maybe only connected to general tap water supply (not high pressure connected). E.g. for a first step belly cleaning?

TB20 Airman
Borkenberge EDLB, Germany

A snow foam gun would really want some kind of PH neutral shampoo I think, otherwise, it might be a corrosion trigger with unwashed detergent in places you might not get to rinse. I have only used snow foam guns connected to a pressure washer.

I’ve had to wash aeroplanes in places where there was no running water, and I used to bring a 25L can with warm water. Fill some Hozelock spray bottles with car shampoo, and bring detailing spray. With enough persistence and microfibre cloths, it is doable. A hosepipe would have made it a much easier job.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

There are two ways to clean a plane:

• use a rag and wipe the dirt off (most commercial cleaning services do this, and it leaves scratches, but most people don’t notice because they planes are already scratched)
  • use water with a definitely non-corrosive soap (hard to find a definitely-ok soap; I have used Simple Green)
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

A-Glaze Grime Remover does an excellent job

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message