Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Voiceflight - voice entry of flight plans

25$/AIRAC wow on top of JEPP subscription !!!....Strange as route designators and waypoints are easily downloadable in a European data base format..e.g. from the EAD. mmmhmmh. The internal DB contains only the RTE designators and waypoints to my understanding without any further information as the waypoint details LAT/LONG etc..are stored in the GNS.

EBST

Yes I thought that too, but one can see that for a US company which can sell 99% of its target into mainland USA, offloading the whole "European thing" onto Jepp is an easy solution.

It's like the old US DAFIF database, which delivered easily machine readable European data. A lot of US flight planning vendors then used that to do the European coverage. When DAFIF was pulled c. 2005 (the European CAAs hated it because they want to make money selling the data) all the US vendors simply dropped European coverage...

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

EAD data can be downloaded easily without to much of an expense and honestly converting XML data into something workable e.g. excel like simple way points and route designators is not rocket science!

EBST

Ever read the copyright notices on EAD data, and what you are allowed to do with it? Last time I checked if you wanted it commercially, you needed to pay Eurocontrol, and they were asking for thousands.

Biggin Hill

Ever read the copyright notices on EAD data, and what you are allowed to do with it? Last time I checked if you wanted it commercially, you needed to pay Eurocontrol, and they were asking for thousands.<

Charging is dependent on your commercial turnover. For developers there is special case set up...

EBST

I think this works great, but unfortunately I have normal 430s too ... and if I would buy something new then probably 2 x GTN650 which make the entry much easier anyway

Make sure you play with the GTN650 user interface, the GTN750 is much easier. If I had the choice between two GTN650's and one GTN750 and they cost the same (the single GTN750 is much cheaper), I would pick the single GTN750 because of the user interface.

KUZA, United States

25$/AIRAC wow on top of JEPP subscription !!!

Is that even in the round off error for operating in EU airspace?

KUZA, United States

It's like the old US DAFIF database, which delivered easily machine readable European data. A lot of US flight planning vendors then used that to do the European coverage. When DAFIF was pulled c. 2005 (the European CAAs hated it because they want to make money selling the data) all the US vendors simply dropped European coverage...<

AIXM is already for several years in place currently eurocontrol is running AIXM4.5 in the EAD SDO (Static Data Operations). The AIXM5.X is further developed in cooperation with FAA and eurocontrol Retrieving world wide way point and route data is a piece of cake....If your talking about correct interpretations of the FUA concept (Functional Use of Airspace) CDR timesheet interpretation on when and how to fly a certain route that is complete different ballgame. But as mentioned just having the Waypoint and Navaid designators and Route designators are available for download World Wide if you become an EAD client and sign a Data User agreement (depending on your commercial interest)...

EAD & Static Data operations

EBST

AIXM, EAD, SDO, CDR, etc.... I bet you work for Eurocontrol

...Am I under inquisition now..and thrown of the tower to see if I can fly.....?

EBST
Sign in to add your message