Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Anybody using Camguard? (merged)

So assuming that CamGuard actually works (which is hard to prove)

Easy enough to prove with oil analysis – I posted my data before.

What a lot of people don’t like is oil analysis itself – they tend to say “are you really going to tear down your engine if you see an abnormal value but the engine runs OK”.

Last Edited by Peter at 29 Jan 09:14
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Easy enough to prove with oil analysis – I posted my data before.

That is a good indicator but nowhere near a proof. CamGuard could also bind metals in a complex or perform chemical reactions on the metals so they disappear from the analysis.

Last Edited by achimha at 29 Jan 09:34

The engine shop which rebuilt my engine in 2008, Barrett Precision, did the cert testing for Camguard, by dismantling an engine, measuring the parts, reassembling it, running it, dismantling it, and measuring it. This was done with and without Camguard. They got clear data on reduced wear of the metal parts.

Jonzarno’s second link is an article which confirms essentially what I have found.

Last Edited by Peter at 29 Jan 10:59
Administrator

What a lot of people don’t like is oil analysis itself – they tend to say “are you really going to tear down your engine if you see an abnormal value but the engine runs OK”.

Here’s another Mike Busch article which addresses this point in some detail:

http://www.sportaviationonline.org/sportaviation/201202/m3/Page.action?lm=1328070107000&pg=54

While I’m at it, here’s a link to the rest of them

https://www.savvymx.com/index.php/resources/articles

EGSC

Thanks for that, Jonzarno. It confirms what I thought.

That’s a great magazine, and it’s free. I just wish I had more time to read it…

Administrator

This is from the USA:

Continental Motors will begin requiring the use of Camguard in all of their Mattituck overhauls and repaired engines to maintain their warranties.

Administrator

Or to put it another way, their Mexican metal ain’t up to the job I suspect.

EGNS/Garey Airstrip, Isle of Man

No, their profit is now going to come from the 30% kickback on Camguard sales, given they don’t know how to build quality engines. It’s like HP printers and ink.

IME, an aircraft engine with no oil in it will last longer than a current model HP colour laser.

Camguard is an excellent product which I have proved really does work. I have posted the oil analysis details here elsewhere. It roughly halves the wear on the hard metals. At 20 quid a bottle, it’s a done deal.

Administrator

This is a large scale test using Mattituck engines (100-200). The customer can choose not to participate. Camguard will likely be provided at no expense to the owner.

A simple question – If an engine as issues when using commercial oils, but does not when using a higher performance oil, is there a problem with the engine?

Ed

Sign in to add your message