Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Socata - the most expensive cheap screw ever?

There, don’t you see it, at about the 11 o’clock position? :-)

Andreas IOM

Hmmm… could be. Looks more like damaged tooling. Would someone have made that intentionally?

Anyway, just to bump this topic, I still have a quantity of these left. Going in bags of 50 or 100, USD 3.00 each

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Just to bump this topic, I still have a quantity of these left. Going in bags of 50 or 100, USD 3.00 each.

Administrator

Peter,
I think I would go for one bag of 50. Can you ship it to my friend in Harpenden UK, and he comes to Budapest often and will deliver for me.

Zsolt Szüle
LHTL, Hungary

I mentioned this to the local TB-30 owner when discussing where he might get some metric fairing screws. I thought that might work for him but unfortunately the similar screws on the TB-30 have slotted heads, not Phillips and he’d like to keep it that way.

@Zsoszu I can ship it anywhere Yes of course. Just PM me the details.

Registered Airmail to Hungary is about €10 and takes about 5 days.

Administrator

Doe the screws fit a TB10 as well?

always learning
LO__, Austria

All the TBs AFAIK.

Lots of them on the wingtips, and – for the later TBs – on the access/inspection covers at the base of the front window.

Administrator

I have now sold my entire stock of these screws.

According to reports from the US, they are now USD 5.74

Someone in Socata US found this, showing that there are other overpriced screws. Not a justification really, since if a bunch of pilots got together (will never happen ) they could get 1-2k custom made (to the drawing posted further back) for much less!

Administrator
In the year 2022 still a stupid and expensive design. It is a 6mm thread and a tiny 4 mm hexagon. I can see these replaced at same rate like the earlier topic Socata M 4 types. A designer with brains would have specified Torx screws – like in construction elsewhere in modern times. But then, this is America with metric items . . . . . Vic
vic
EDME
Sign in to add your message