Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Looking for a Valeo 643395 starter relay

This is used in the TB aircraft. It is a commercial vehicle part. Valeo does not respond to communications – at some past time I sent them about 50 faxes (one per day, using an automated system) and eventually somebody picked one up but just referred me to their car dealers. The problem is that I don’t have the vehicle type and year…

Google turns up various hits, all of which are dead. One of them is amazon.de and that is dead also but there is an image which looks roughly right

Somebody in the motor trade ought to be able to cross-reference it. The normally-open contact needs to be at least 200A and the coil is 24-28V.

Of course there are other relays (e.g. the Stancor ones which are widely used in GA and which are readily available from e.g. mouser.com) but they have different mountings.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

That’s a standard part, widely available over here.

Your 50 fax stunt could fall under anti terrorism legislation…

I think it’s a Cartier part. They were take over by Valeo some years ago, and I don’t think they exist any more
Edit/update; They do exist, but don’t make starter solenoids. Maybe it’s nothing to do with them.

Isn’t the thing to do to look at the starter solenoids on period French vehicles? It won’t be from a car, could be from a truck. It’s the 24V system that makes it rare in automotive terms.

Last Edited by Neil at 21 Aug 10:56
Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Cartier/Savoy still exist, sort of. They do the avionics bus relays in the TB – details here. I bought some of those. But they are the standard automotive plug-in relay which everybody makes anyway.

If somebody in Germany sells the actual Valeo P/N I’d like to buy 1 or 2.

Isn’t the thing to do to look at the starter solenoids on period French vehicles?

Probably yes, but you won’t get drawings of the parts (AFAIK).

The actual Valeo starter relay is here

Background

Last Edited by Peter at 21 Aug 11:18
Administrator

I used to work for Valeo…..years ago, but not in starters.

Valeo Distribution or Valeo service as I think they now call it deals with aftermarket. In the UK they are in Redditch, try contacting them on this link, see if they can help.

http://www.valeoservice.com/html/unitedkingdom/en/contact.php

Oxford and Bidford

None of the car dealers I tried are any good. They all seem to want the vehicle type and then they can look it up.

Valeo themselves don’t want to know.

Administrator

Try a GOOD motor vehicle scrappy. (Vehicle Dismantler and Recycler) .Their mechanics might recognise it by sight. Or a car and commercial vehicle components seller (new parts).

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Check the Kissling.de website…..they make the GPU and Battery relays for my plane….don’t know about for the starter…

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

This is what came from Socata today. 48 EUR a piece. Ordered as a landing gear relay for TB20 around s/n 900. The number is the same as yours but looks completely different – standard automotive part, made in Morocco.

LKHK, Czech Republic

It thus looks like somebody has done a cockup on the part numbers – probably me!

That’s odd because I am pretty sure I took that number off the actual relay. I might have a photo somewhere.

The TB20GT landing gear relays are very different anyway.

Administrator
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message