Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Is the 150 hour check unique to UK?

I can’t find the reference but am sure I read somewhere on here that 150 hour engine checks aren’t required by all EASA countries – this for private C of A aircraft based in UK.
I’m pretty sure its not needed for N reg which is one of the major cost advantages.

Is this the case or was I dreaming?

For group shared aircraft, it can add another £10/hour or more on to the running costs.
Many sole owned aircraft may not do more than 150 hours a year anyway, so not such a concern.

Is there a realistic chance of this extra expense being removed or reduced in the foreseeable future?

FlyerDavidUK, PPL & IR Instructor
EGBJ, United Kingdom

I think it is a UK-only thing.

Yes it adds a lot to the running costs – for those who reach it significantly before the Annual. Most people who reach it only slightly before the Annual (say at the 11 month point) just do the Annual sooner, but that undesirably shifts the Annual a bit each year and eventually you are doing it in the summer.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Would this be a gold plated interpretation of an EASA regulation (Part M) then?
Something for the red tape challenge?

Does anyone have references I could quote?

FlyerDavidUK, PPL & IR Instructor
EGBJ, United Kingdom

The 150 hour check is a UK thing if your aircraft is maintained under LAMP, if you don’t like it then you can change to the manufactures maintenance program provided that your CAMO will cooperate.

It is a bit of a double edged………. You can get away with some things on LAMP that you can’t do on the manufacturers program and vice versa, personally if it is an American aircraft I would go with the manufactures program….. After all 90% of the worlds GA fleet can’t be wrong !

Most items which are 150 hrs / annual according LAMP would be 100 hrs / annual with most manufacturer inspection programs. That way it is quite liberal. Chaning from LAMP to manufacturer inspection list (under EASA) might very well be more expensive.

I would think it would be unwise to note have these items inspected at least every 150 hrs.

Yes it adds a lot to the running costs

I don’t see how?

JP-Avionics
EHMZ
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message