Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

kx175 replacement

is there a slide in modern (digital display) replacement for the king nac/com 175 for g-reg?? with not all to great paperwork issues!

thanks

fly2000

The short answer is NO !

There is an outfit in the USA called MX who make slide in replacements for King radios but these have in my experience not given there owners much satisfaction.

I have an MX KX175 slide-in replacement that works perfectly, for sale if you’re interested.

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

I’ve emailed TKM/Michel and they tell me that they plan to update their product range starting later this year with 8.33 compatible units. I’ve used their radios in the past and they have been fine.

I can only think that the two owners ( four units ) must have had very bad luck with the TKM/Michel radios they had fitted if the two posts above are taken into account.

The wider question should now be asked of owners of these units who read these pages as to how they see the situation.

I have no interest in these radios apart from as an observer of the industry and ( if they produce an 8.33 kx155 replacement ) a posable customer.

5 Posts
Sign in to add your message