Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Shadin ADC-200 air data computer, and what avionics will it drive?

So, apart from the fuel totaliser pass-through, no effect on aircraft systems.

That is you don’t connect the ADC200 to the KLN94? I can’t believe that given your fuel at destination fetish…

There would be no altitude signals because the ADC gets it from the static tubing.

That is not the question. The question is where the KLN94 gets its pressure altitude from.

LSZK, Switzerland

I already have the Shadin fuel totaliser driving the KLN94.

I can’t look at the IM right now (doing a service on the plane) but I think the pass-through is just to save RS232 ports in the GPS.

The KLN94 gets the pressure altitude from gray code, 10 wires. That goes nowhere near the ADC.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter, it may me advantageous to get the air data for the KLN94 from the ADC rather than a blind encoder both as both data bus and grey code input options are avalable and dependant on your blind encoder the ADC could be more accurate.

I am thinking of installing a used ADC200.

I have accumulated three of them, one of them is even tagged SERVICEABLE by one “gold plated” European avionics shop so it may well work

It would give me the wind data on one of the pages of the KLN94, and rather more with a more modern GPS (some will display a wind arrow, I believe, though I don’t know which ones).

Administrator

Have you considered a TAS1000?
Link

Last Edited by Sir_Percy at 03 Jan 21:00

I have looked at a few panel mounted options in the past but I don’t want/need anything in the panel. The ADC200 is purely a remotely mounted little box.

Looking in the ADC200 IM I like this bit

To add: it turns out I need the OAT probe – a 681201-1

Does anyone have one of these spare?

Administrator

The ADC is a good if dated bit of kit I seem to remember it putting a wind arrow on 530.

Peter wrote:

Does anyone have one of these spare?

No I dont seem to have any 707’s to spare but have a few 717’s at work…will that do ?

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Yes I do recall the wind arrow would show on a GNS530. What about a GTN or an IFD? There must be GTN or IFD owners here.

AFAICT this ADC should work with just about all modern avionics. I don’t think any GTN or IFD product contains this functionality, although perhaps the G500/600/1000+ do.

I have to postpone this installation because the avionics guy now tells me he will be working for somebody else for that week… so it will be done in a year’s time. I get a chance to do bigger work only once a year.

I had never heard of a Boeing 717 but now I have

Administrator

The GTN is capable of showing a wind arrow.

Last Edited by Sir_Percy at 04 Jan 16:42
Sign in to add your message