Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

My Savvy Report I received

Savvy Report Card
Nice, how Mike Busch shows the averages of the same make & model for comparison.
Not bad, given that it is free.

United States

Might be worth checking baffles?

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Excellent!

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Where does the data for the speed and altitude come from since the EDM 730 has no baro or pitot info ?

Last Edited by Michael at 08 Jul 06:47
FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

We use TAS if available, otherwise ground speed.

Reading is an art… As I read it, they keep up the possibility that barometric altitude and speed information might be available, but (basically?) they make do with the GPS-derived data.

Last Edited by at 08 Jul 08:09
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Ground speed is obviously the least interesting data point. I like though having a comparison of CHTs and EGTs for the same make and model for hundreds of flights. 30 flights though isn’t yet statistically relevant.

What Busch is doing is only the beginning of preventive maintenance using sensors emitting telemetry feeding machine learning algorithms.

We are working with GE on this. One flight of a 777 generates a few hundred GB engine telemetry. The data is preprocessed and then streamed into Azure IoT hub, where machine learning algorithms detect issues before a human can detect them, and then preventively fix them.

United States

I think much of that report is just too vague e.g. the range of speeds will be massively distorted by winds aloft. The CHT data is good though, and the EGT data can be spectrum processed to reveal exhaust valve issues.

What might be interesting to find out is whether vibration analysis (and trends thereof) is useful with piston engines. It is apparently very good in turbine helicopters.
The most expensive bit is the accelerometer which is low 3 figures.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message