Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Plane Held Hostage

Airborne_Again wrote:

Truth is always a defence to a defamation action

Eh, no. Pay the lawyer enough money and truth is buried. The UK legal system is a cabal, and what you pay generally gets you the desired result. Judges married to lawyers, married to barristers, married to advocates.

You may think that truth will always triumph, but it rarely, if ever, does.

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

I believe this is Adam’s Aero Commander “expert”:

Melvin Morris Kernick, of Oakland, CA, was sentenced in U.S. District Court in Oakland, CA for falsely certifying that maintenance he had done on a private plane was reviewed by a certified inspector. Kernick pleaded guilty August 13 to charges of falsely representing that an annual inspection had been performed on a privately owned Aerocommander aircraft, located in Danbury, CT, by signing the name of an FAA certified inspector in the plane’s logbook. He was sentenced to 3 years’ supervised probation and ordered to pay $5,870 in restitution.

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Eh, no. Pay the lawyer enough money and truth is buried.

I think that is what I said, more or less

There is the theory, and there is the empirical evidence, and the latter trumps the former (except, I am told, in France ).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

LeSving, has it not occurred to you that EuroGA is moderated for good reasons

Irrelevant in this context. I was merely pointing out the obvious fact that this site is NOT a place for free speech. If it had, it probably would be utter chaos by now. In the real world there are real consequences for free speech, keeping things somewhat civilized, at least most of the time. On this site there are no consequences, not real ones, only rules. You have made the rules, you decide if they are broken, you decide what to do when they are broken. In the real world, this is a description for tyranny. No one would engage in real (eye to eye) conversations with such rules. On sites like this it is the norm, because a fist fight on the internet is not possible (lack of consequence). Nevertheless, the restriction of freedom of speech is just as real, and this is something to be aware of, not something to just hide under the rug.

Then you have Google and Facebook and the blogging sphere, which by nature are a bit more tightly connected to the real world, the actual person behind. There are rules to some extent, but nothing that isn’t already law. Talking about bad (or good) experiences from purchasing a product or service, isn’t against the law. No one can sue you for doing that. On this site it is not allowed, or liked or whatever.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

it probably would be utter chaos by now

That bit is true; the rest is gobbledygook. Try attacking the mods/admins on any of the big US aviation sites and you will be removed within the hour. Swiftly and silently. I’ve seen it done, to a pilot from Belgium. EuroGA is a model of democracy!

No one can sue you for doing that

Pure fantasy, available only to those who have no assets and who don’t care about trashing something of value to others.

Administrator

Why this hostility? I am merely pointing out some facts, which on other sites are mentioned, but on this site it is not. I am not attacking anyone, why do you think I am? I mean seriously.

Peter wrote:

Pure fantasy, available only to those who have no assets and who don’t care about trashing something of value to others.

That is purely your opinion. There are clear rules for what is speech and what is something else. One company trashing another company has nothing to do with freedom of speech for instance. And if what you say is true, then Facebook and Google and thousands of other companies offering services with ability to send reviews would be shut down by now. Anyway, what exactly do you mean by that? Only those with bags of money to lose are morally allowed to speak?

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Only those with bags of money to lose are morally allowed to speak?

The opposite. Those who have nothing to lose are free to wreak havoc, and only others suffer.

pointing out some facts, which on other sites are mentioned, but on this site it is not

What “facts”?

Administrator
47 Posts
Sign in to add your message