Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Maintenance for an N-reg aircraft in Europe, by A&P / A&P/IA / EASA145 company

I managed to find an FAA A&P nearby, but I need to get in contact with an FAA A&P IA.

If someone has a good contact please PM me, or you know someone in Sweden or Denmark would be even better.

ESMS, ESML, Sweden

Peter wrote:

Almost no shop knows about the DER route, practically zero can get a Field Approval done

Not true in Switzerland. I’ve done several mods using both DER and Field Approval approach as well as A&P/IA Form 337 signoff using approved data. @Silvaire describes perfectly how this can work. DERs are usually specialized these days so finding one for the type of work being planned might be more effort that it used to be.

LSZK, Switzerland

You are lucky.

Here, I have not known any shop do a field approval, and one shop used to do DER jobs (using DER Associates) and then several other shops would buy the package which this shop produced.

But this is history since most work (that any shop here is willing to do) has an STC.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I managed one Field Approval many years ago when we still had an FAA FSDO at Heathrow, but it was a painful process. Subsequently I used several FAA DERs. My electrical./avionics DER has now retired (as have I almost) but the structures guy we used is still around and offers a great service with quick turnround, particularly for fitting antennas on pressurised aircraft:

https://secure.strongaero.com/

Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.
34 Posts
Sign in to add your message