Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Malmi EFHF (Finland) threatened closure

EFNU is not very bad- 1hr by train or ca 45km by taxi.. EFHK landing is 80EUR+tax, but you also get compulsory handling (300EUR).

EETU, Estonia

Same as Frans. A sad day.

LFOU, France

Politicians in Finland are not better than in Germany. GA is not interesting for these elites, they are flown in jets that we have to pay for.

Berlin, Germany

Well, the power behind this is mostly the Green party thriving in Helsinki nowadays. Them coupled with some real estate pursuits it’s game over for us.

A sad day, indeed.

EFHF

Very sad, but inevitable since the political machine has been grinding on remorselessly. I’ve made numerous visits to Marvellous Malmi and explored the many (and equally inconvenient) ways to get into town on arrival. All that was transformed by the appearance of Uber (I was Uber’s first fare from Malmi!!!) and now it’s no more. I did once use EFHV Hyvinkaa about 20mi N of the city on the direct train line which has a flying club with their own fuel. I was able to buy some through a member (always cary cash!) and it’s walkable to the train station, about a mile. Lots of paraglider ops and not a lot of English spoken, but very accomodating, I don’t think the port of entry thing is relevant within the Nordics.

This was a few years back, so please check before going!

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message