Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

MH370

No, I don’t think it was shot down in the old-fashioned way, there would have been a debris field.

In my mind, there are two possible scenarios outside the Indian Ocean one.

1) a catastrophic event, possibly a fire triggered my Li-Ion batteries (which the ship was carrying) that developed into such a freak incident that it took out just the right amount of comms and avionics. Beggars belief, but strange things do happen

2) EMP. What if the radar trace going west was not the T7 but some mil a/c? The South China Sea is a highly militarized region and who knows what goes on there in the dead of night. Nobody would come forward to claim any responsibility. Some mil exercise gone wrong (we had that in the Med some years ago), only this time no explosives involved but electronics. Would explain a lot.

I’m not normally given to wild conspiracy theories, but this one stinks a bit too much for my taste.

I

Your #2 would imply that Immarsat are told to run a cover-up story.

It’s possible but I think in modern times the people (Brits) wouldn’t keep their mouths shut.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It’s possible but I think in modern times the people (Brits) wouldn’t keep their mouths shut.

We have had the sceptical of the Guardian newspaper having their PC’s smashed up with sledge hammers by the UK police in the name of National Security. I’m sure Immarsat aren’t immune to government pressure, and governments act in strange ways.

However I don’t believe that case either. There are too many surveillance sats from various different countries looking for such military activity. While some might not want to say that they are capable of such detections, they’d find a way to let the blame be placed.

Boeing have a lot to lose in this if it’s the second crash of a T7 in recent months, and the first loss of life on a T7 due to mechanical failure. They have close government connections in the US. If this was some Asian military test gone wrong, the US government will know, and they’ll find a way to make sure Boeing is off the hook. So I don’t think 172’s #2 is likely.

But it does leave a lot of very strange conundrums. Questions that we may never know the answer to.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

However I don’t believe that case either. There are too many surveillance sats from various different countries looking for such military activity. While some might not want to say that they are capable of such detections, they’d find a way to let the blame be placed.

Fine and agreed. But if that’s really the case, why does a T7 go AWOL?

I’m not saying my #2 is the correct one, but whichever theory you advance, something – and usually a BIG something – doesn’t add up here.

How many people have access to these data sets and how many of those are able to parse them? Not many, I venture to say.

I’m not saying my #2 is the correct one, but whichever theory you advance, something – and usually a BIG something – doesn’t add up here.

Agreed. Every theory has a big hole that doesn’t fit right.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

My money is on the simplest explanation, in this case captain suicide-homicide…

Link

Wouldn’t have been the first of this type of crash either. (Silk Air 185, Egypt Air 990)

Last Edited by Hodja at 03 Apr 05:06

The suicide of one pilot is a very simple explanation technically.

It’s just very hard to accept emotionally because it instantly makes us all extremely vulnerable. All that one pilot needs to do is wait for the other to leave the cockpit, and pull the plug on the cabin air.

Incidentally, what is the purpose of the rapid depressurisation facility? I could see it being useful in the case of an imminent structural failure.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Surely the simplest explanation is a presurrisation event that went wrong! Perhaps just one pilot on the flight deck, the other locked out, failure to mask up in time, thick fog in the aircraft following a loss of pressure, drills are by feel only. Level off too high, nobody recovers. How many civil pilots have been in a decompression chamber? Practicing events in a Sim with two pilots is one thing, coping for real in an event you have never actually experienced experienced, with perhaps only one pilot, Who knows? If the aircraft continues to the end of its fuel endurance with the heigh lock engaged, the aircraft will stall following loss of power and the trajectory will rhen be very vertical!

Surely the simplest explanation is a presurrisation event that went wrong!

However, depressurization doesn’t switch off the transponder, nor turn the aircraft 180 degs around on a new airways course.

All that one pilot needs to do is wait for the other to leave the cockpit, and pull the plug on the cabin air.

Malaysia Airlines has subsequently mandated at least 2 crew members remain in the cockpit at all times…

Link

I hope Malaysian Airlines will as well refrain from carrying lithium-ion batteries in their passenger aircraft in the future …

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2586308/Missing-jet-WAS-carrying-highly-flammable-lithium-batteries-CEO-Malaysian-Airlines-finally-admits-dangerous-cargo.html

EDxx, Germany
Sign in to add your message