Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Mogas STC for Socata TB series

Looks like someone in Austria is trying to arrange a mogas STC for the TB series and is asking for pre-registration. I’ve thrown my hat in the ring. Check it out here.

EHRD, Netherlands

I know a TB that has a mogas stc. Aren’t national STCs eligible for „grandfathering“?

always learning
LO__, Austria

There is a fleet of TBs here at EHLE using MOGAS

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Is MOGAS = E5/E10 car petrol, in this discussion?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I think it’s EN228 without ethanol (some STCs come with alcohol testers).

Some planes are approved for super 95 (with ethanol, DV20 for instance).

always learning
LO__, Austria

Peter_Mundy wrote:

I was under the impression that mogas (as in what you normally find at airfields) is not possible on the TB10 at least. Am I missing something?

EHRD, Netherlands

Peter_Mundy wrote:

Interesting. Can you say more about the certification basis for that? TB9s? TB10s?

Since the airport does not officially sell mogas, I assume this is some kind of “private” setup. Do you know where that tank is filled?

Last Edited by boscomantico at 03 Feb 12:12
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Not my aircraft so I have no insider info but AIS Flight Academy have a fleet of TBs which they used to fuel with MOGAS from the local TANGO forecourt. They had their own bowser which they filled everyday

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Is Austrian filling station fuel already containing 10% and 5% ethanol, depending on fuel grade. If not, will it soon be?
Were STCs approved with the current ethanol fuels?

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Maoraigh wrote:

Is Austrian filling station fuel already containing 10% and 5% ethanol, depending on fuel grade. If not, will it soon be?
Were STCs approved with the current ethanol fuels?

E5 yes, E10 no.

I don’t know of any STCs that permit ethanol.

I was interested in a TB10 and according to seller it had a MOGAS approval. I guess it’s some ancient national permit issued on the basis of one of the UK CAA lists. These lists contain permissible engines, and while nowadays engine + airframe needs approval, it could be that some decades ago the authority issued an approval for the TB10 based on the engine being eligible.

Maybe it’s possible to contact austro control about it, and then use such national approval in a grandfathering process?

always learning
LO__, Austria
Sign in to add your message