Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Mooney celebrates first flight of the M10 (and the demise of the M10)

The vertical fin does not look good. Otherwise it looks just like any modern microlight.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Malte,

the gear is going to get wheel pants in the final version.

That is what the cockpit looks like.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

That looks nice.

What will the price be like?

What’s the engine?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

CD135 on the T version. No price point yet.

Price is not known yet to my knowledge.

Engine:
M10T: CD135

3 seats standard, 44 USG Jet A1. G1000. Projected range around 900 NM, 120-130 kts cruise.

M10J: CD155
2 seats plus one option, 44 USG Jet A1. G1000 + GFC700. Projected range around 1000 NM, 150-160 kts cruise.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

What are their main markets?

In the USA, the 2-seater owner market appears to be well addressed by a vast range of homebuilts, especially the RV. But am I right in that the RV cannot be used for PPL training / self fly hire in the USA (or anywhere else)?

I also don’t see how going from 135HP to 155HP is going to boost the IAS from 120-130kt to 150-160kt, in the same airframe.

Administrator

I guess the RG will add 10 kts already ?

EBST, Belgium

That depends on whether the salesman is ex Cirrus, in which case it will add less than 3kt (they actually said that to me)

Otherwise, for the same airframe, I reckon on 15kt.

Administrator

Well if the retractable adds a reckoned 15kts say your IAS goes from 125 to 140 with the same engine. The P2002 cruises at 115kts on 100hp so I can well imagine Mooney getting 125 out of the M10T. Add another 20hp and it should be good for another 10-15kts bringing you in the 150-155 region.

With 2100h TBR (probably more by certification time) and half the fuel costs it will suddenly become a very interesting proposition at least in Europe.

Shorrick_Mk2 wrote:

With 2100h TBR (probably more by certification time) and half the fuel costs it will suddenly become a very interesting proposition at least in Europe.

The concept certainly is good IMO. A modern looking two seat diesel powered aircraft with decent speed. But why the tail? Only a handful of Mooney fanatics could possibly think that is a nice thing. That diesel also goes in experimental aircraft, and one already exists, with better performance, and better looks.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
Sign in to add your message