Welcome to our forums

Moving Annual date?

Any fancy tricks on how to move annual date from say September to March,
- Getting the annual done 6 month earlier as one-off and get done with it
- Getting the annual done 1 month earlier every month for 6 years

Any other ways?

Last Edited by Ibra at 21 Aug 14:07
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

- Ground said aircraft from September until March when the annual is done?

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Always book your annual towards the very end of the month so that the sign-off always occurs at the beginning of the next month.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 21 Aug 14:25
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Ibra wrote:

Any fancy tricks on how to move annual date from say September to March,

My ‘trick’ wasn’t fancy nor funny and it did exactly that, moved from September to March – an engine right after OH treated wrong by the shop and the aircraft was sitting in the shop for the time. Maybe not what you intended to do though …

Last Edited by MichaLSA at 21 Aug 14:31
Germany

Mine moves continuously over the years. I always fly until the end of the month, then typically do at least a month of little projects. That moves the Annual by two months every year. The only problem is that it eventually moves to a period of the year when I’d rather not be working in the hangar all day – typically because of summer heat.

Ground said aircraft from September until March

That would have been an option (even put it on ferry permit but I need to fly every month)
Maybe clock 100h this winter and get annual & 100h done in March?

Always book your annual towards the very end of the month so that the sign-off always occurs at the beginning of the next month.

That sounds like trick, so you can get 1st sep to 30 sep, then 1st oct to 30 oct,… so on?

an engine right after OH treated wrong by the shop and the aircraft was sitting in the shop for the time. Maybe not what you intended to do though…

Well that is how things moved from Mar to Sep initially

Last Edited by Ibra at 21 Aug 15:29
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

Well that is how things moved from Mar to Sep initially

So you had the ‘fun’ once and don’t long for another round … Yes, very understandable !

Germany

I would ground the plane for 1 month (choosing the dates carefully to make use of the end/start concession to gain an extra month) and then you are at 1st November which is much more useful Then one more jump and you are in January. Dec/Jan are the best months.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message