Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New runway near Bognor Regis, UK

This has been disused for more years than I have been flying. Reportedly a motorglider pilot has just bought it and done it up. No idea if it will be open to the public though. It used to belong to the LEC refrigeration factory family whose son got killed flying and they left it disused afterwards.

Until not many years ago there was a derelict building near the runway centre. That sort of history is very useful from the planning POV.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Now it just needs pilot controlled lighting and an lpv approach at each end oh and a heated hanger !

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

Fantastic. Does anyone know any contact details as I would like to use it.

@Bathman,

Finding the owner of a convenient silage field or pasture is a common problem for bushplane owners, but it’s not difficult. In fact it’s almost as much fun as landing where no one else has. Google is your friend, leading you there via the local pub or other business.

In this case, I would start by telephoning Bognor Regis Golf Club:
Downview Rd
Bognor Regis
PO22 8JD

01243 821929
bognorgolfclub.co.uk

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Or drive down there. There seem to be some people driving JCBs or some such. 1200Z today:

Ask them when the VOR is going in… then I might be able to find it again

If I wasn’t N-reg then I could ask you for a payment to fly lower and get a pic of the number plate of the car

Administrator

Or How about contacting the person who made this Youtube video about flying out of Bognor Regis..

I believe member of the South Down Gliding Club us this airfield on a irregular basis…
http://www.southdowngliding.co.uk

trevor

Southend, United Kingdom
Administrator

Thanks for the link.

However, I am afraid there is very little for visitors in the general area, no? Well, at least it could serve as an alternative for those who want to get to the Chchester area and don’t want to put up with the Goodwood runways, which are sometimes terrible.

But I am not sure they are set up for visitors. No real parking it seems and also, road access seems to be poor.

At 20£, they will also get very few UK bacon buttie pilots there, which is probably what they want to achieve.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I don’t think 20pound landing fee is out of order.

I just think it’s great to see an airfield coming back from the dead. Doesn’t seem to happen very often these days and I wish them all the best.

I don’t think 20pound landing fee is out of order.

I remember this airfield being discussed on various forums for years. It seemed like it would never be possible to land there, so for someone to turn it around and make it a GA option for visitors is a great achievement. Never mind the 20 pound, its only 10 litres of fuel.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland
19 Posts
Sign in to add your message