Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

No AVGAS in Montenegro?

Having contacted both LYTV and LYPG, both airports have confirmed they are no longer carrying AVGAS. A bit annoying as I had hoped to stop in to refuel at a reasonable price coming back to the UK from Santorini at the end of May. I should have 4.5hrs of fuel endurance left in my SR22 tanks when I get to Santorini (from Kalamata) and wanted to stop at an airport with a good fuel price. LYTV/LYPG looked like good bets at 3hrs from LGSR but annoyed to find they no longer have AVGAS. Dubrovnik is a possibility but at 3.5hrs from LGSR need to check if suitable alternates within FAA reserve requirements.

Any alternatives I’m missing? I could stop in at Corfu or other airfield in Greece for a small top-up but had wanted to avoid the time delay.

EGKB

I stopped at Dubrovnik the other day and they were most helpful. Next up is Split as I had no joy with Mostar.

Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

Yep, Podgorica and Tivat haven’t had Avgas for two or three years now. A pity that a country like that doesn’t sell Avgas, anywhere. That’s what happens when there is almost no local GA, just transient/visiting GA in the summer. No AOPA either, I think.

Dubrovnik is only 10 minutes more flying, so no real difference.

In case of bad winds, Skopje could be an alternate, but is certainly not as straightforward as Dubrovnik.

Nis has cheap Avgas, but check their opening times. It would also probably be too much of a detour and the cost advantage would thus be minimal, if any.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 20 Apr 11:59
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Strange. When we were in Tivat last fall, we were asked if we needed Avgas! We didn’t, so I can’t tell if there actually was any.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

terbang wrote:

Strange. When we were in Tivat last fall, we were asked if we needed Avgas! We didn’t, so I can’t tell if there actually was any.

Some people have a perverted mind. Had you answered “yes” they might have told you “Too bad. We don’t have any”

a little bit like the “Does your dog bite?” – “It’s not my dog” scene

Last Edited by Aviathor at 20 Apr 12:46
LFPT, LFPN

Indeed looks like Dubrovnik is only 10 mins away and is thus a decent alternative. RocketRoute was throwing up a route that was 30 mins longer than to LYTV, but have now run on router.euroga.org and it came up with a more optimal suggestion.

EGKB
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message