Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What are you building/flying ?

mh wrote:

Is your Onex flying?

Soooon… Next summer it will hopefully get some air under the wings. All of the airframe and stuff is finished, even painted and polished (most of it). I am literally at the point where I am 90% finished and got 90% left

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Very nice @mh ! That TempĂȘte you posted – photo above – is in the hangar next door to my Lancair. Cool aircraft

Bordeaux

My RV12 finally took flight for the first time today in the careful hands of LAA inspector and fellow RV12 builder Jerry Parr. After his initial sole flight I joined him and we completed a further 2 hours and 11 more landings. No snags and it flies perfectly. More flying tomorrow to complete the LAA test schedule.

Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.

That must be a great feeling!

Forever learning
EGTB

WOW, congratulations

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Story of my Bristell TDO in pictures:

Slovakia
LZSL, LZOC, LZLU

Building story finished in Jun 2017 …

Slovakia
LZSL, LZOC, LZLU

And some pics from flight

Slovakia
LZSL, LZOC, LZLU

… and some pictures from different category … non certified as well.
These birds are born from kit as well … just under “user test” now … doing well

Slovakia
LZSL, LZOC, LZLU

The Czech designs seem to use solid rivets almost everywhere, as shown in the Bristell photo, and that’s something I noticed immediately and appreciate. In the same photo I notice 0.025 inch thick 6061-T6 wing skins, which is also good to me – 6061 is cheap and the additional strength of 2024 doesn’t seem useful on a light plane where the skin thickness are often sized for practicality in relation to punch loads during ground handling, not in-plane flight loads. It looks like a nice plane.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 23 Nov 17:09
Sign in to add your message