Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Online Survey on Cool New Airplane - Win 1/5 $100 Amazon Gift Cards

Hi everyone, it would be great to get feedback from some operators of various GA models – I threw together a survey regarding a remanufactured Cessna 421C/414A. It has some cool information about the new model, called “Turbine Eagle,” and respondents enter a drawing to receive one of five $100 Amazon gift cards.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/turbineeaglesurvey

Hey everyone! Thank you to those of you who filled out the Turbine Eagle survey. For those who have not, there is still a 1/57 chance to win a $100 Amazon Gift Card. All the while, learning about a cool new remanufactured plane. Survey is closed 08:30 EST tomorrow. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/turbineeaglesurvey

I have merged the two threads on this topic, but I have no idea what this is about. Is it someone trying to sell his plane using some novel method? The place for selling stuff is Classifieds

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

…but I have no idea what this is about. Is it someone trying to sell his plane using some novel method?

Out of curiosity I took the survey even if I don’t really qualify because it is targeted at potential buyers with a bank balance in the 3M$ range… But as a former C421 co-owner and with four-figure flying hours on type and some twin turboprop time as well I thought I am qualified to give my opinion.

As I understand it, the aircraft in the survey does not yet exist. The builders/sellers want to check out the market potential first through this kind of survey – which I think is a sensible thing to do. And I also think this is not about a single aircraft but they want to make a small series of them, otherwise it would not make much sense.

Anyway, the result is nothing new, it is a re-creation of the C425 Conquest I. Same airframe, same engines. Newer avionics and luxurious upholstery are the main differences. Why they think they can go faster and further than the original Conquest I don’t know. I don’t know how the airframe will hold together at their claimed maximum cruising speed of 320kt (It always scared me enough to do red line descents (240kt) with those 30+ year old airframes – I remember that Cessna had to modify the tailplane between the 421 and 425 due to aerodynamic issues). Also I don’t know where and how they will fit a flushing toilet with cabin divider in that cabin without sacrificing a passenger seat. But I am sure they have a plan for that.

Last Edited by what_next at 02 May 09:46
EDDS - Stuttgart
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message