Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ostrava (LKMT) or Frýdlant (LKFR)

Do you have any experience of any of these two airports? Is the passenger service a mandatory thing? I will most likely be alone in a C172. Which airport in the area around Ostrava would you recommend? I cannot find any information on AVGAS availability.

I see the following prices in the AIP, which are not bad at all. I would select Ostrava over Frýdlant due to paved runway if it has AVGAS.

Ostrava (LKMT):
Does it have AVGAS?
Landing: 300 CZK
Parking: 14 CZK per hour until 19:00, 7 CZK per hour thereafter until 05:00.
Passenger service: 420 CZK.

Frýdlant (LKFR):
Does it have AVGAS?
Landing: Either 100 CZK or 180 CZK.
Parking: 5 CZK per hour.
Passenger service: 50 CZK.

ESME, ESMS

“Passenger service” is the charge per passenger, so it won’t apply if you are alone.

LKMT is an international airport open 24 hours, and there are flight training facilities based there, so avgas must be available.

LKFR is a small club airfield. Czech VFR manual says avgas is available, but I’d strongly recommend calling/writing to them and asking whether you can indeed get it on a particular day. On weekdays there may simply be no one on the field to sell fuel to you, or they may be out of fuel on a given day, or something else. Also, you will most certainly have to pay in Czech crowns, in cash. By the way, Frydlant Radio is officially Czech only, English is not guaranteed. The landing fee for non-commercial flights is 100 CZK per tonne MTOW.

Last Edited by Ultranomad at 12 Mar 14:43
LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic
2 Posts
Sign in to add your message