Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Owner declared Part-ML AMPs for DA-42 - looking for experiences

Hi,

I’m looking for people operating DA-42s with owner declared Part-ML AMPs – what their experiences are, how is it going, what have they learned, what would they do differently based on what they know now :)

Any pointers, comments, opinions welcome :)

Ákos

Just a guess but there probably won’t be too many that use an owner declared AMP for a DA42. Depending on Conti vs AE engines going over TBO is also trickier thab with standard lycosaurus engines ;)

Any particular questions you have?

always learning
LO__, Austria

There are two ways to create an AMP: one is to take the MIP (minimum inspection program) and add extra items relevant to your aircraft; the other is to take the manufacturer’s instructions for continuing airworthiness and remove/add/adapt items as warranted by your operations and/or mandated by MIP. For your type, the normal way to go is the latter. Furthermore, even though creating the AMP is your responsibility, it’s up to the airworthiness inspector issuing your ARC to review the adequacy of your AMP every year, and this is exactly the person to ask for advice with creating it. If your AMP is inadequate, the inspector may simply refuse to issue an ARC.

Last Edited by Ultranomad at 07 Jan 14:33
LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

My case was slightly different – I operate a C182.
Coming from a CAMO, moving the step was a bit scary. Though, as ultranomad says, you’re not fully on your own, since the inspector is behind you. Actually, the first thing I did was to meet him, to see if I knew enough, and if we could work together.

The result has been great so far, and I decided to go on writing the process to pass the message.
On a side note, I tried to commercialize the specific tool I have developed for the 182.

I thought I would share the result (= a blog) here sometimes, why not now !

I called it “Aeropages”.
www.aero-pages.com

4 Posts
Sign in to add your message