Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Places to go with family

Hi

My PA28 Arrow 200 is based in EDTG, Germany. I often travel with my wife and our two kids. It has been 2 years since I got my licence. So far we’ve been to Berlin, Speyer, Leutkirch, Ljubjana and Portoroz. We love flying as a family and I’d like to go places where we can do fun stuff with kids too. It really does not matter which country as long as it is in Europe (except UK because I unfortunately need a visa for UK and it is just way too much hassle and stupid expensive to get one though my wife and kids do not need any – it is a weird world we live in). So what are your favourite family friendly destinations and why?

I’d especially like to hear from those of you who travel with kids as the logistics of travelling with children is a whole different world than flying with friends.
Thanks!
Baris

Switzerland

Check the thread « flying your family », it is fun and useful.
As a family destination, I think of EKBI Billund, across the street from Legoland.
To reach Disneyland Paris, LFPL and LFPE are convenient (a short taxi ride).
Then you can take them to some islands where you can rent bikes (like Belle Île in France or Ameland in the Netherlands, there are plenty, EddsPeter knows them all ), they may like it.

I hope to learn some tricks on this thread, that may help me in a few years

LFOU, France

Semur/France has a medieval wall and old town. Not much of kids grounds, bit maybe if the kids are a little bit older…

Bremen (EDWQ), Germany

Fly to LIPV and spend a few days on the beach there. Your kids will love the „gelato“ ice cream and the sandy beach. You will appreciate the short distances from the airfield to your hotel. M Alternatively pick one of the grass fields close by (LIKE). The upper adriatic coast (Grado near LIPQ, Lignano, Jesolo, Caorle, Bibione etc..) is great for family vacation and offers hotels, appartments and even campgrounds for all budgets and tastes.

LOWG Graz offers activities for kids such as one of the largest armories (Zeughaus), a fairytale train inside a hill in the city center, kids museums or hiking/outdoor activities close by (Schöckl Berg), Teichalm (Animal Park). Parking is about 5€ per day at the airport (cheaper than for a car in the city center).

always learning
LO__, Austria

You say you need a visa for the UK. Does this mean you need a visa to visit any non schengen country? If not, I would very much recommend Croatia. It is just over the Alps from Germany, and you get some lovely islands (Losinj LDLO and Brac LDSB) which are great to visit.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message