Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Planning Flight to Greece - seems much easier now!

I know that but …
- i will arrive at LGKR at 1400 LT
- the flight to Milos takes 1:45, no wind
- the airport closes at 1620
- nobody knows how long i will be on the gnd in Corfu

I don’t need much software to know that it will not work :-))

Will stay in Corfu one night, € 45, booking.com, 500 m from airport

Still looking for a Copilot!

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 28 May 10:21

The Hotel Bretagne, I presume?

It had an “interesting” toilet. But that was years ago.

How about, instead of Brac as a fuel stop, using Split LDSP. It has wide opening hours and last time I was there it cost peanuts – about €15. Much more now I am sure but Brac will probably be even more (lovely as it is).

We should have a fly-in to Brac…

Edit: why do you need a fuel stop? My plane can reach Corfu from Shoreham, just about, on a good day…

Still looking for a Copilot!

There is a business proposition – an internet dating site for pilots The trouble is that it would be about 99:1 male – even worse than normal internet dating which is about 90:10

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

500 m from airport

Don’t. Been there, done that, didn’t sleep much 8-)

They have very noisy jets throughout the whole night…

LSZK, Switzerland

Jet noise can’t keep me awake ;-)

Yes, i could essily go direct Corfu, range is about 1100 NM, and it’s only about 4 h to LGKR, but i have not been on Brac for a couple of years and know some people there, so a stop would be fun.

Split, or Dubrovnik would also work.

I have to re-think this. And find a Co!

Some bad news regarding these opening hours of Milos. I already booked a hotel for July, however prior flight planning yet. People more familiar with Greece, are there any chances they will extend opening hours during vocational period?

EP..

No, forget it. They might, but it could take another century :-)

I actually have found a way: I’ll fly directly to Corfu (LGKR) at 6:00 am LT and then I’ll be in LGKR at 11:15 LT after 4:15 of flying (+3 hrs from UTC in Greece!). And if LGKR manages to refuel a Cirrus in 2.5 hours then I’ll make it to Milos in time!

Tuesdays are actually better, but I don’t want to lose a whole day.

Firstly, while the Greek notams are usually accurate regarding the opening times, they aren’t always. See here. I would telephone the airport.

Secondly, It has never taken me as much as 2.5hrs to land and leave the airport plus enter the airport, pay up, mess around and be at the plane. So it should take even less to just get refuelled. Especially as the CAA office (the slowest bit) is wholly airside. Give Swissport a phone call and tell them this is what you want. They are really good and might even bring their paperwork with them, so you don’t have to leave airside. When I was there last (see above writeup) I did a fuel stop at Samos LGSM and they just called it a “tech stop” (which was IME very unusual) and I got a discount.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I am with Goldair, who really do the same stuff, and of course I’ll call the airport. The Notams are precise though, better than checking the CAA website only.

I’ll take it easy, if there’s any problems I’ll go to the next beach :-)

After advertising my flight to Greece in a Flight Instruction Facebook group i found a Co-Pilot in 5 minutes :-)

The Notams are precise though, better than checking the CAA website only.

Do not check the official Hellenic CAA site for the airport operating hours, just see the NOTAMs. AFAIK what happened to Peter is very rare.

LGMT (Mytilene, Lesvos, Greece), Greece
Sign in to add your message