Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Plymouth airport may re-open

here

The crucial thing is that the local council has protected the land from development in the proposed Plymouth Plan. The problem the UK normally has is that there is no inherent distinction between land used for aviation and land used for housebuilding, which is why the property sharks are circling every airfield…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I wish them all the best with the re-opening. I would like to have flown in there before it closed!

Plymouth is a pretty big well positioned Devon town with surrounding population, i hope there is enough demand. It will save a lot of people the travel to Newquay and Exeter.

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

There is a crowdfunding project being set up here

A very worthwhile cause! Plymouth is in a part of the UK which is really nice to visit but ground links are horrible. The closure of Plymouth destroyed much of the GA down there because it takes hours to drive anywhere. Last time I went there I left the electrics on and got back to a flat battery. They got a huge trolley out (for the twin turboprops) and started it, without charge.

I have just put in £100.

Administrator

Peter, Thanks for bringing this to everyones attention. As you know GA has been almost pushed out of most of the few UK
South Coast airfields and this will be a good destination for everyone in the UK and abroad.
Like you I have made a donation and with the help of EuroGa the funding could be raised.

They have reached 10k

Administrator

Just got this via email

Administrator

Ye me too. I thought it was worth 100 quid. I used to enjoy flying in on a Sunday and walking to the Jack Rabbit for lunch….Fingers crossed.

EGHS

This has just arrived on email

Administrator

Excellent!

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

That would be a great achievement… certainly going against the current trend !

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom
28 Posts
Sign in to add your message