Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

PPL ME or IR UK CAA to EASA licence conversions post Brexit

So what is fairly clear is that it’s possible to transfer a UK IR to EASA under the standard ICAO criteria (ie flight test with IRE plus oral exam only), subject to some other requirements which most holders will have.

But what about it being ME? Do you need to do the MEP course again if under 100 hours P1 MEP? Or does that transfer too?

Worth noting that EASA have introduced the requirement that the underlying rating (eg MEP) needs to be valid at the time of the IR test. Previously you could do an ME/IR test without a valid MEP (or other ME rating) at the time of test.

We're glad you're here
Oxford EGTK

I’ve recently done this for helicopters and aeroplanes. Relatively straightforward but in the process I have learned a lot about how the medical, type ratings etc work. If anyone would like to ask questions on this and how to do it please @ me below.

Note: I have done this with Hungary. They are fantastic and you get a dedicated person you can email who is very responsive. Plus the medical is £70 or so, and admin fees around £15 a pop.

Makes you wonder why you want UK CAA at all given the bureaucracy and cost.

We're glad you're here
Oxford EGTK

What school in Hungary did you use?

A lot of this discussion is here but is spread around quite a bit.

This is also relevant.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message