Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Public Transport Standards of Aircraft Maintenance

What (in brief) are the additional requirements for an operator to bring his aircraft to PT standards (as opposed to private use)? We are assuming basic single engine aircraft here. The purpose would be to lease the aircraft or use it for hire in cases where the ANO exemptions might now apply. I could not find the relevant articles in the ANO.

Tököl LHTL

In brief, you need to place your aircraft in a controlled maintenance environment (i.e. under a CAMO). In terms of actual maintenance, the costliest additional item is an engine overhaul every 12 years – that is, if your current engine is more than 12 years old since last overhaul, you need to do one before you can start commercial operations.

Last Edited by Ultranomad at 12 Mar 13:36
LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Where have you found the “PT standards” as required for renting a plane out? An UK AOPA article from September 2010?

I asked a similar question here but I also asked how ELA1 and owner maintenance factors in, didn’t get many answers. I asked about where rentals would fall because EASA FAQ 19124 puts “training flights” as NCO, so the plane has to be maintained to Part NCO specs, which for ELA1 planes doesn’t even require a CAMO, and allows for loads of owner performed maintenance, see e.g. this post here on EuroGA.

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message