Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Restrictions on basing EU-reg aircraft outside their country of registry?

@Peter Did you get any feedback on this? Would be interesting to know if the AIC gives false information.

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

What I have been told is that the AIP is correct but the ILT don’t actually give out permits anymore. That’s all the info I have.

Whether anybody cares, especially if only overflying, I don’t know. My understanding, completely separate from this particular discussion, is that homebuilders normally send off for the permit(s) and then fly anyway. Especially with some countries which are known to [almost] never issue permits, or take months to issue them. On pure overflight (no landing), ATC will not be enforcing anything.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

That AIC-A is the generic permit for those who meet the conditions?

The conditions are the following: The Civil Aviation Authority of the country of registry has issued a non ICAO CofA, a permit to fly, or any other document permitting the operation of the aircraft; The operating conditions and limitations set by Civil Aviation Authority of the country of registry are applicable whilst operating in the airspace of the Netherlands.

Those who don’t meet the above conditions should apply for a permit IMHO:

All other owners of foreign built amateur aircraft have to request a special flight permit to be issued by the Civil Aviation Authority Netherlands to enter the airspace of the Netherlands.

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

To me, that reads as homebuilt aircraft do need the "special flight permit ".

But isn’t that the case everywhere in Europe, as a default position?

Administrator

i own a G reg aircraft and an F reg glider . live in France and dont have a UK address. Aircraft is Annex 2, glider historic c of a. Oh, and an SP reg glider, EASA type. That doesn’t need a Polish address.

It's supposed to be fun.
LFDW

in Beligium for OO reg i would have needed a fully reg. adress in my name so this was a no go as i do not live in B! sorry for late response was off sick

fly2000

FWIW I read the Dutch thing as saying quite unambiguously that they’ll accept any governments airworthiness document, but on the off chance that a homebuilt wants to fly in from someplace that issues no such document, then they forbid flight without a special permit from them.

In several unrelated situations I have been in a situation where a registered internal address was required for something done by the government of a European country, and somebody else’s address (i.e. ‘in care of’) was not acceptable.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 16 Feb 01:13

I am with Silvaire on this. The document is only for experimental aircraft, it gives a general permission to those with of non ICAO CofA or permit if registered / issued by a ECAC member state.

Aircraft with non ICAO CofA or permit from a NON ECAC member state should ask individual prior permission

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

By Peter in that “other” thread:

That 1980 document has been mostly disregarded. We have done this before… If it were anywhere near universally honoured in Europe, the whole scene would be transformed.

It is far from mostly disregarded. Where does this come from? And why should the scene be transformed? European experimentals have been around for ages, since the beginning of (aviation) time. What has transformed the scene in Europe are microlights, and they have been here only since the late early/mid 90s, and microlight are not even included in the ECAC 11-1 document.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Start here

Administrator
Sign in to add your message