Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

RF Legs in Europe

PapaPapa wrote:

I am sorry but… what do you call an RF leg exactly ?

Thanks for asking – I have been putting off showing my ignorance and was just about to put the question myself having searched the abbreviation list in the AIP

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Peter_Mundy wrote:

Thanks for asking – I have been putting off showing my ignorance and was just about to put the question myself having searched the abbreviation list in the AIP

It is written somewhere on the forum that there is no silly question and that “flaming” or bashing someone for asking one is bad (for preventing each person’s progress for one).
So whenever I have one, I ask, thus improving myself and understanding what the talk is about

@DavidC : thanks for the explanation, now I understand better why the “DME overlay” question

ELLX (Luxembourg), Luxembourg

Absolutely, no such thing as a silly question.

I had no idea what RF legs were. When I fly, I fly from one waypoint to the next waypoint

DME arcs? I put the autopilot into HDG mode and turn the HDG knob on the EHSI 5 degrees at a time My GPS doesn’t know what an “arc” is.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The coding issue is messy. Jepp don’t code the Carlisle DME arc due to some offset issue on the NDB or DME.

EGTK Oxford
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message