Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Rimini, Trieste, Ljubljana, Menorca

@eddsPeter yes we love Corsica too, though a little too quite at this time of the year. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

We had a great fly-in to Calvi, Corsica, in Sep 2014. There were issues with the poor condition of the parking at Calvi which SEPs were forced to park on; there may be a “pay extra” option to get tarmac.

The Citadel was great and the beaches and swimming were pretty good too.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Still the same crappy parking and totally unhelpful ATC as regards parking and fuel. No one came out to meet us. Had to carry luggage all the way to the main terminal. I think their purpose GA building is closed until later in the season. However, a small price to pay for a wonderful location.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

I am not sure Calvi’s “GA terminal” is ever open. It was shut on my visit in September 14.

Trieste is a really nice city. I’ve been there several times. Really scenic, with great buildings from the Austro Hungarian era. The airport had a very strange avgas pump, at the end of a long narrow taxiway, and 1 person would not be able to move the plane around and taxi back out. Again, this may have changed so a recent PIREP would be great to have. However I suspect very few locals fly to these “big” airports.

Administrator

It has been for my previous visits last year.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

My friend in Ljubljana said not to cut through the park in the city centre on my own because there are bears in there! Wow, what a superb place it is.

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

@peter I don’t know why you are so obsessed about Calvi and the parking situation there
We have been there on the from the 14th to the 16th of February 2018. Parking on Tarmac was offered with no additional fee. They helped us with the luggage because the GA Terminal was closed because of the low season. It will be open during the high season like it was 2017 when I have been there with a friend in May. So it is a complete different experience then yours, although we had to park in the grass in 2017, which wasn’t the best place. That I will agree.

@rob2071 Thank you, you too.

Last Edited by eddsPeter at 28 Mar 20:34
EDDS , Germany

That’s a great PIREP on Calvi. I will update my original 2014 writeup, mentioning the possibility of getting the hard surface for a SE aircraft. Obsessed? Not really. Just keen to help others to avoid known issues! It is by discussing these things that these airfields might change for the better! EuroGA has a wide effect.

Administrator
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message