Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Salamanca 2014

Sadly, I’m busy this weekend.

In a TB10 I need to make a half-way stop – probably La Rochelle. I’m all in favour of long trips, but 709nm takes me almost exactly to 0 fuel…

EGEO

The problem is that one has to go when the wx is good, especially at this time of the year.

I will decide on Wednesday 29th. If it looks good I will go 30th, 31st and back on the 1st. That leaves the 2nd (Sunday) as leeway because I must be back at work on the 3rd (staff shortage).

So if anybody would like to meet up, you know where to find me

I’ve just done the PNR/whatever.

Operaciones de Salamanca <osalamanca @ aena. es>

HR OPS LESA From 1000UTC to 1630UTC

From my emails (sent in Spanish and English) they appear to treat the airport as strictly PPRFWIW. Maybe it’s a job creation scheme… who knows? But shooting them an email evidently does no harm.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’ve changed the thread title because I am going there later this week

Administrator

Have a good time! You’ve inspired me to go later in the month if there is a weather gap.

EGEO

PPR apparently is for customs purposes. Never did this on my flights there from within Spain.
Tip: Really make sure to get fueled up upon arrival, maybe even notify that you request fuel upon arrival. (email text: “solicito repostar 100LL a la llegada”) You never know what the fuel guy is up to during the next days, especially on sunday when the school is not not flying.
Enjoy Salamanca. A monumental city including an impressive university heritage. If you go to the cathedral, make sure to also visit the older adjacent one, to be entered via the ‘newer’..

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Thanks for the tips

I will bring a proper camera this time

Administrator

The Saturday MSLP doesn’t look great…

If I go, I might just do 1 night. One can depart Shoreham 8am.

However, the GFS GRAMET, FWIW, doesn’t see that front at all really…

Administrator

This are the graphs from the DWD, which I find quite reliable:

SAT 00:

SAT 12:

SUN 00:

SUN 12:

MON 00:

The UKMO MSLP is not as pessimistic re Saturday morning as the German chart…

I am tempted to delay (would have to be to mid Nov earliest due to work reasons) but for all I know we might get crap weather then, and be stuck with it for a number of months…

Any views on the sort of cloud cover at LESA on Friday morning? I am thinking of photos… the MSLP looks clean enough to fly back Friday 1200.

Administrator

Weather on thursday and friday looks almost cloudless in Salamanca according to general and Spanish wx forecasts.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain
Sign in to add your message