Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Shall I move my F-reg SR22 to N-reg?

AnthonyQ wrote:

Also to answer one of your questions, I doubt maintenance for an SR22 will cost any different whether you are on N or F register….it may even be cheaper on the F reg!….the maintenance schedules should be the same and being an advanced complex airplane will mean you will likely use a full-facility maintenance shop….

I beg to differ …

I provide FAA Annual Inspections for well over 20 Cirrus, many that are regularly maintained in EASA JAR 145 shops.

Whilst many are maintained to EASA regs’ this is totally un-necessary and significant savings can be made WITHOUT compromising safety.

One item that comes to mind is prop overhauls: EASA requires calendar driven time limits of 5 or 6 years depending on brand. Performing a COMPLETE overhaul on a prop that may have just a few 100 hours since new and lives in a hangar is a total waste, not to mention that the blades are shot after 3 overhauls.

If the owner/operator is inclined to do some preventative maintenance and/or Owner Assisted Annuals, huge savings can be made.

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Agree. Particularly on the Cirrus, there is a huge amount of money to be saved by a “pragmatic” maintenance approach (which for the most part, is only possible on the N-reg).

I know very little about maintenance on F-reg airplanes, but my feeling is they are very strict about compliance with non-mandatory sections in the MM.

A Cirrus is not ELA1.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 21 Jun 07:37
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message