Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ski flight to Annecy in a Vision Jet to pay a visit to Courchevel and Meribel altiports (not in the Jet!!!)

Last week we flew to Annecy Airport (LFLP) from Madrid (LEMT) to spend a couple of days in Courchevel and Meribel (A domain in the French Alps)… we were 3 pilots so the goal was to visit both Courchevel (LFLJ) and Meribel (LFKX) “altiports”… Skiing of course… not with the Vision Jet… :-D
I hope you like the video… (I was pretty excited as it was my first flight in a SF50).

LEMT, Spain

That was fun to watch

360 camera I presume (no selfie stick visible)?

I’ve been to Courchevel/Meribel to ski. I would not go back to ski there (no easy way to reach the ski lift before 10^4 people got to the slopes before you) but it was notable for excellent customer service (rare in French ski resorts) and great food (likewise) but a salad was €50 Also notable were the Russian women, dressed in lots of bling (a cultural thing in Russia) and looking for a “sponsor” (probably dangerous)

Skis are not heavy (mine are 7kg including the poles and the bag) and nowadays they are quite short.

We (EuroGA) have rarely managed a fly to ski because of the wx requirements, combined with everything else.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

So crazy, cool video, looks like mucho trabajo in doing and cutting it. Thanks for sharing!

Germany

Great stuff. Filming and music. Thanks.

The site qualification for Courchevel is just one day. You could do it and beat the Vision door to door

LPFR, Poland

Yep, the Vision Jet is probably the next aircraft I’ll buy, it sure is cool and has been on my shopping list for quite a while now. It will also fit some of my mission profile, and I’m certainly looking forward to have one in my own little plush hangar.

PS
Good thing I’m patient since this will happen during my next life at earliest

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Great video, thanks for sharing!

@Dan, very disappointing to hear that you aspire to fly such a machine and won’t be able to come to Son Alberti to visit me in our afterlives.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

I think Dan is winding you up

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

No way guys… just paving the future

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Annecy Airport (LFLP)

You definitely chose better weather than I did in January. Great video!

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Thanks, great video.

Dan wrote:

Good thing I’m patient since this will happen during my next life at earliest

Yea me too… as we are hangar-neighbours why don’t we share one :)

The more I see about this jet the more I have to say it IS a cool thing and quite unique. I have a friend who flies them and he loves doing it. They may not be the optimum in speed or range and here in Europe they are a PITA because of red tape, but from what I’ve seen they are really cool and easy to fly.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message