Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Skydemon ICAO flight plan codes

Hi, Just heard a podcast talking about these codes, and wanted to check mine. Not sure I have this right – I’ve got a Trig TY91 8.33khz radio, and a Trig TT21 with a “GRT SafeFly 2020 ADS-B Compliant GPS Source – Meets or exceeds FAR 91.227, TSO-C166b, TSO-C154c.”

When I go into Skydemon to configure this, there are a lot of options that seem to overlap. When I put in the one I think is the most accurate, I end up with GY, B1E – does this seem right? I’m sending ADS-B out, but I don’t have “IN” (except with my SE2). Thanks for any tips.

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

The “Y” is correct for the 8.33 kHz radio. If you have a GPS navigator then the “G” is also correct. If you only use a GPS module to feed position data to the transponder, then I don’t think you should use “G”.

I believe “B1” refers to the use of standalone ADS-B, separate from a transponder. Using “E” for the mode S transponder is enough as that includes ADS-B out.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

If you have a GPS navigator then the “G” is also correct. If you only use a GPS module to feed position data to the transponder, then I don’t think you should use “G”.

Ah, yes, thanks. I have a GPS navigator, but it is not IFR certified. I just found this:

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message