Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

SoCal fly-in?

So, it appears that quite a few ‘Euro’ flyers are, in fact, SoCal flyers! Which, of course, begs a fly-in….

A list of possible destinations could include:
- Tehachapi for the BBQ
- Camarillo for the Waypoint Cafe
- Hemet, also the cafe and the amazing hardware parked there
- Chino for the museum (the caf is ok-ish)
- Borrego (never been, but heard good things about the food)
- French Valley
- Santa Monica for the Monsoon restaurant and the museum (although that’ll be a drive-in for me……)
- Catalina for the Bison Burgers and the spectacular scenery; prob not doable with a twin, though

As you can see, I tend to plan my trips around food !

Ideas and suggestions? Keep ’em coming!

I think we need ex-pat EuroGA T-shirts

(Maybe like foreign issued UK passports in the past, they could be extra special, with gold leaf!)

Last Edited by Silvaire at 15 Oct 18:00

I wish I could…

Although not in SoCal I can suggest Harris Ranch. Been there, done that, would like to do it again.

LFPT, LFPN

Silvaire wrote:

Maybe like foreign issued UK passports in the past, they could be extra special, with gold leaf!)

Sounds like a plan! We don’t really do understatement here in SoCal, do we

I’m a definite maybe, but being ex-UK, ex-SoCal and now NorCal, I would favour higher lattitudes.
I’ve been to all the other suggestions and could possibly make them.

The restaurant at Borrego used to close for the hot summer months, but I expect it’s back in operation by now.
San Luis Obispo has a decent restaurant on the field. Harris Ranch is also an easy run from the Bay.

KHWD- Hayward California; EGTN Enstone Oxfordshire, United States

Mark – do you still fly the RV, or have you changed?

I’d be up for that if I can ever get my goddamn plane out of the shop. Shall we aim for 2018 perhaps?…

Last Edited by AdamFrisch at 16 Oct 14:53

Hi Adam,

The RV-8 is in England with a couple of partners to blow the cobwebs off. I have an RV-4 at Hayward (VFR only) and have just ordered a Carbon Cub kit to prepare for a few different adventures!

The -4 should be back in the skies this weekend after a little lay off to fix a weeping fuel tank.

KHWD- Hayward California; EGTN Enstone Oxfordshire, United States

Carbon Cub – too cool!

8 Posts
Sign in to add your message