Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Some nice flying action, chick and other entertainment

10 Posts

Here.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

How much money must I bring to be allowed into this exclusive circle of pilots?

EDDS - Stuttgart

It all looks very glamorous and I would give the guy who landed inside that building onto the carpet with his parachute top credit for that performance. But you know I think I quite prefer the small generally unglamorous airfields, the ‘real’ down to earth people, run of the mill food and the variety of fixed and rotary wings at various airfields on offer. Of course I’d love to take a ride in some of those machines, or do a ‘180’ in that triple-prop seaplane, but there are some great little air shows in Europe where you can see fancy planes, and it does away with all that la-di-da stuff, and the entry tickets aren’t upwards of 10,000 :-)

Sure, this isn’t really my idea of “GA” either, but it sure was nice to watch.

Also, anything that brings the thrill of GA to the people needs to be applauded. As much as we also need to feed the “lower end” of GA, let’s face it, the survival of GA will also depend on how far we manage to attract rich people to flying. There are thousands and thousands of rich people in Europe. If only one percent of them came to join GA (instead of spending their money on boats or luxury cars), then GA would go into boom.

The problem: learning to fly – unlike buying cars and boats – requires a huge deal of time and dedication to one single thing. Somethig very unusual among these people.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 30 Dec 11:50

…There are thousands and thousands of rich people in Europe. If only one percent of them came to join GA…

Lots of them come to GA. As passengers in our bizjets. And as far as I am concerned, this is perfectly OK.

EDDS - Stuttgart

Haven’t I heard that nice Dornier amphibian was waterlanded with the wheels extended, a couple of years ago, subsequently flipping over? That is a bit less glamorous, of course.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

great video, Bosco! does anybody know more about this event? does it happen every year and at the same place? do you know of other similar events in Europe?

Yes, every year at the Wolfgangsee in Austria.
By “similar” events do you mean involving seaplanes? Well, there is Biscarosse every year, but I don’t think it is that “glamourous”. Then there are a couple of seaplane fly-ins in Switzerland, too (Hergiswil comes to mind).

Last Edited by boscomantico at 30 Dec 14:42

Daxford-based Plane Sailing Catalina earning its keep

YSCB

Great stuff! IMHO anything that gets people interested and engaged in aviation is a good thing. Some pretty cool flying too – the helo towards the end?

Seriously – this is one of the things we need to stop the decline in GA. Good on Red Bull!

10 Posts
Sign in to add your message