Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ATPL Theory Exam Switzerland OFAC/FOCA

Well done all for passing your ATPLs!

In my case, I did the exams in 5 sittings throughout 17 months. I did push quite dangerously to the limit of sittings and months as I was doing other things in-between as well, but I am very happy with my approach as I passed all subjects first time.

I understand others can’t afford using the entire 18 months, but I also don’t understand why taking on so many exams in a single sitting.
Is there some kind of weird rumor about “the least sittings the better”? If there is, it’s probably rubbish in my view. I believe all first time passes is much more important than the number of sittings or the amount of time it took altogether, but I may be wrong as who knows what the HR manager of Ryanair/FlyBe/Jet2 will wake up randomly thinking the day of the selection…

EDDW, Germany

I understand others can’t afford using the entire 18 months, but I also don’t understand why taking on so many exams in a single sitting.
Is there some kind of weird rumor about “the least sittings the better”? If there is, it’s probably rubbish in my view. I believe all first time

There’s only one motivation to sit all of them at once: to save time. It’s not always easy to judge where you stand on some subjects – AviationExam scores are not always representative! The tendency is to over-prepare most subjects. You can save tons of time if you sit all the exams once you are getting 85%+ averages in AvEx in all of them and than just re-take those that you fail. But that’s just my personal opinion, YMMV.

At the end of the day, the ATPL scores/fails will not be deciding factor whether you’re getting hired or not, as long as your average is 80%+ and you didn’t fail multiple times – at least that’s what I heard here in my neck of the woods. The personal interview and your training performance records will decide whether you’re hired…

22 Posts
Sign in to add your message