Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Maintaining assigned altitude - legal deviation limit before violation occurs?

chflyer wrote:

However, the reason the ATC behaviour might lie elsewhere, which is perhaps subject for another thread. Recently a Skyguide controller was found guilty of “negligent disruption of public transport”. As one can imagine, this is making quite some waves in the aviation community, including Skyguide. Details are here for those wishing to google translate them.

So, yesterday the Swiss controller was found guilty by the highest court in Switzerland (link to Skyguide press release). local copy
The air traffic delays today are due to some controllers calling in sick (for lack of a better word — in the news it says that they are feeling very disturbed about this and cannot calmly do their job today due to this court decision. I completely understand their absence from work for this reason).
I’ll keep this in mind for the next time I’m unhappy about their behavior being less generous and relaxed compared to US ATC…

ArcticChiller wrote:

So, yesterday the Swiss controller was found guilty by the highest court in Switzerland

At least Skyguide is sensible: “The continued employment of the air traffic controller is not called into question by this conviction.”

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message